& back to s&s.
i've been planning a resolution post for sometime now, but have been putting off the actual sitting down and listing all the supposed resolutions. writing them out seems daunting enough, but actually writing them down in a place accessible by others is admittedly a bit terrifying considering now accountability comes into play. though i'm thinking that might just be what we need for renewed motivation. and now that i have procrastinated doing so to what seems like the last logical day for resolutions (at least of the new year's kind), i think it's time to dive back into the little space i created almost two years ago. (!)
not that i can imagine anyone else will care to read this laundry list of resolutions but those of us who call the bungalow home, but in the event that i complete the below resolutions, i hereby promise to share said results here on s&s (which is more than can be said since october of 2010)
ok, the short list...
& written in my most stern voice in which i speak to myself when i've come to the conclusion i have tolerated my laziness far too long.
1. finish painting & refinishing the daggum dining room chairs you bought half a year ago.
2. recover seats of said dining room chairs (or look into having cleaned the original blue velvet found under two layers of old fabric, which is hopefully the possibility.)
3. sew curtain panels for dining room.
4. repair old brass chandelier & refinish to have a vintage feeling patina & install.
1. either learn to reupholster grandmother's antique duncan phyfe sofa or finally save up some cash to pay a professional to do it for you.
2. recover pair of tufted ottomans that are currently in front of said sofa. (perhaps finding the right fabric finally will expedite this task)
3. source fabric & sew curtains (it's just one window!)
1. for the love, finally hire a plumber to make the shower & bathtub actually function.
2. consider having the tub reglazed.
3. finish sewing shower curtain to proper length.
4. finish caulking around floor.
5. repair & repaint door & trim.
1. paint front door!
1. take down christmas tree & ornaments (not kidding)
2. finally disguise speaker in corner.
3. finally get rid of goodwill pile in the corner. (goodwill is not very far from your house)
1. finish caulking & paint trim.
2. finish the built in bed project you started forever ago.
3. paint floor (or consider other flooring ideas)
4. built in desk/office area (either get your act together to execute & finish all parts of this project or consider the idea of hiring someone to do so for you).
5. find better filing cabinet so you can establish better filing system.
6. finally post those electronics sitting in the corner on craigslist.
1. touch up where paint has chipped.
2. paint the floor perhaps?
3. at the very least get a new rug.
1. reattach & repaint railing.
1. paint floor.
1. clean (this week please)
2. recaulk shower & tub. (maybe have this one reglazed as well)
3. dare i say retile? what if we took down the wall tile, & floor tile? shower tile could stay, at least for a little while. repair walls & redo floor.
1. closet curtains - source fabric & make.
2. cut down on nightstand clutter. (maybe find ones that have cabinet space or drawers).
1. finish tiling !!
2. figure out what piece of furniture can be adapted to fit two sinks.
3. purchase fixtures (showers, faucets, lights) & mirror over sinks
4. source company for glass door & panels
5. have plumber finally come in & hook everything up!
so i think getting through the bungalow interior is about all i can take for the moment. and there will certainly be later edits & amendments.
but i think this is a good start.
both on resolutions & jumping back into posting.